Chip123 科技應用創新平台

標題: Android set-top boxes and media players at CES [打印本頁]

作者: masonchung    時間: 2010-1-11 09:58 AM
標題: Android set-top boxes and media players at CES
Android set-top boxes and media players at CES2 k) F: A: C; J7 G/ V/ y+ I
by Steve Bush, Wednesday 06 January 2010/ J! s$ Z5 f, D( k
, ]) U  u7 H% P( O6 b4 a& R& t
Processor firm MIPS Technologies is to demonstrate Android set-top boxes incorporating its cores this week.) s/ p2 _: e/ z/ W% s
"During CES, MIPS and complementary solution providers will demonstrate the world’s first Android-based set-top boxes, Android running on a MIPS-based netbook, and the world’s first social media centre for Android-based embedded platforms," said MIPS.3 h5 Z1 c  R8 E# E: |* t4 ]
Western Mediabridge and Sigma Designs, will demonstrate one of the MIPS/Android set-top boxes.# F( I2 ?" Z( Y! p9 w1 L! U) {! S
It has 1080p video, video-on-demand, ThinkFree Office (Word, spreadsheet, presentation) viewer software, a web browser, and a remote control and keyboard interface.0 S' f) y, ^; O
% Q" G- Q" Q/ \" k4 p5 ~2 T
A prototype of an Android IPTV set-top box developed by KDDI R&D Labs will also be on show, supporting multicasting, video-on-demand, remote control user interface, and digital rights management.
( f$ {/ t9 `0 l1 \# e  QInside is a MIPS-based SMP8654 media processors from Sigma Designs.
) m1 T  D' o3 U" YThe netbook is the YeeLoong8089 from Lemote and runs Android on a MIPS-Based Loongson processor, and is claimed by MIPS to be is the world’s first laptop that contains completely free software.$ G% G0 o) V2 m& M7 B# p; _) `
To be demonstrated on a chip from Sigma Designs, ConnecTV is licensable social media centre software for Android systems from Home Jinni" l+ G) A; J) i6 E) M# }) b7 `

, W+ M( g& b* Q9 h8 C# KIncluded is a framework for building UPnP, DLNA and DPWS home area network applications, and a framework for integrating the home with IMS and service provider networks.
/ m( q* F( J6 sAs well as distributing media around the home, the software also enables consumers to search, discover, categorise and view online media content directly from a TV, and to communicate with others.

歡迎光臨 Chip123 科技應用創新平台 (http://www.chip123.com.tw/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2