1 2 3 4
查看: 10179|回復: 6
打印 上一主題 下一主題

GSA Emphasizes 3D IC Architecture Evolution With the Release of Report and Tour

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2011-12-20 14:08:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
SAN JOSE, Calif. (December  15, 2011) – The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA), the voice of the global semiconductor industry, is pleased to announce the release of 3D IC Architecture: A Natural Evolution, a report sponsored by Macronix International Co., Ltd. and Etron Technology, Inc., and the second edition of the 3D IC Design Tools and Services Tour Guide.
8 h- b9 V* s+ z; w
  r( b, Y; Q4 i. MThe report provides further insight on the current state of 3D and 2.5D technology such as the benefits of the technologies, the need to enhance the semiconductor ecosystem for 2.5D and 3D, barriers to adoption, likely early applications of 3D and 2.5D, and solutions that can help accelerate 3D technology rollout and market acceptance. 3 @, o' _. I2 o+ O! C* C
8 Z% L1 o9 T& i: v
The Tour Guide is a compilation of inputs from EDA, R&D, market research and services companies that have committed significant resources to developing 3D and 2.5D technology to accelerate market acceptance of this important paradigm shift. Readers of the Tour Guide are able to view the 3D IC capabilities of these companies.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
2#
 樓主| 發表於 2011-12-20 14:08:50 | 只看該作者
Herb Reiter, GSA 3D IC Working Group Chairman, pointed to how companies could benefit from the 3D Report and Tour Guide stating, “The Working Group put together these two documents because further shrinking of feature sizes will not be sufficient to continue the rapid pace of innovation that has fueled the growth of the semiconductor industry in the last 50 years. Utilizing the third dimension for IC design and manufacturing offers lower power dissipation, higher performance, reduced form factors and many other benefits.”
" C# N) e7 l) V) G9 n' Z1 s: t) \
“With every new technology, creative engineers and their management need to work together to make it cost-effective.   GSA provides a forum for key players in this complex semiconductor ecosystem and recognizes the need to support design and manufacturing standards as well as new business practices to accelerate 2.5D and 3D market adoption,” said Jodi Shelton, president of GSA.
( r! o$ `0 O( q/ V" v" ?3 k; {, O: L3 t7 t
The report and Tour Guide are only one component of the Alliance’s initiative to foster discussion and educate the industry on 3D IC technology to help accelerate the adoption and commercialization of the emerging technology and increase efficiencies within the industry. Since spring of 2008, through various forums, GSA has brought together players from all sectors of the supply chain to discuss and promote 3D IC.
3#
 樓主| 發表於 2011-12-20 14:08:54 | 只看該作者
Just this year, GSA has hosted three events focused on 3D IC, moderated multiple panels, held quarterly 3D IC Working Group meetings to discuss various technical and business challenges pertaining to 3D IC, and co-authored articles such as “EDA Tools for 3D IC Design: Simple Migration of 2D Tools or New Paradigm?” published in Chip Design Magazine.! f% C% ~2 d0 x* r

( Z0 ?# p! J* J/ K7 t" A1 SGSA will continue to be the catalyst for education and collaboration through its deliverables, such as the Report and Tour Guide, events and the 3D IC Working Group, bringing together the perceptions, plans and actions of those within the 3D IC supply chain. If you would like to participate in this important effort, please contact Wade Giles.
1 k) U) L# z. G  r9 |0 O) |
# s0 T5 j4 U% PThe Report and Tour Guide are complimentary to GSA members and available for download at http://www.gsaglobal.org/publications/3dic/index.asp.  Non-members may purchase the Report and Tour Guide through the GSA Store.
4#
發表於 2011-12-21 14:05:11 | 只看該作者

GSA出版3D IC產業報告與指南 持續關注當前技術發展

2011年12月21日加州聖荷西—全球半導體聯盟 (GSA) 正式宣布將出版由鈺創科技 (Etron Technology) 及旺宏電子 (Macronix International) 所贊助的產業報告「3D IC Architecture: A Natural Evolution」及「3D IC Design Tools and Services Tour Guide第二版」。 0 u2 \/ m6 S: H  W5 L( d; b% `
/ W3 c: s# M4 k  @
這份產業報告針對2.5D及3D IC技術的現況提供了更進一步的見解,像是該技術所帶來的附加價值、提高半導體產業鏈對該技術需求的必要性、早期應用會遇到的障礙,以及如何加速3D技術問世與提高市場接受度等議題,都會在報告中完整呈現。
. ^  N6 l$ I" |( M: h- P( m5 r2 \/ z1 X$ s- }+ b0 J9 {
另一本指南則是由EDA、R&D、市場研究及資訊服務公司對於此技術成果的彙總。這些公司在發展2.5D及3D技術上已有顯著的成果,並積極提昇市場對這項重要技術演化的接受度。而使用者也可以運用這份指南來檢視上述公司發展3D IC技術的潛力與能力。 6 M& v3 B$ Q1 R2 i" ~: Z. @1 W

z. X9 O- x# v3 O( YGSA 3D IC工作小組主持人Herb Reiter先生認為公司企業可以從這份報告及指南中獲得許多寶貴的資訊,他說:「本工作小組之所以彙整這兩份報告,是因為在過去的50年間,關於半導體產業未來發展的預測多半不足以與其發展速度並駕齊驅,也跟不上其多變且快速創新的步伐。將三度空間用於IC設計及製造將可以減少電力耗損、提昇效能,降低規格差異,還有其他很多益處。」
5#
發表於 2011-12-21 14:05:17 | 只看該作者
GSA總裁薛裘蒂女士 (Jodi Shelton) 則表示:「每一項新技術的問世,都需要創新的工程師與良好的管理制度,兩者相輔相成,才能使其符合成本效益。GSA提供決策者這些重要產業資訊,協助決策者在瞬息萬變的半導體產業中,能針對需要支持的設計、製造標準以及新的商業型態,做出重要的決定,以提昇2.5D與3D IC技術在市場的使用度。」
' O% Z7 u7 e2 S$ @8 C1 S
" p: o3 T. z4 ^3 ^1 `1 ]這份報告與指南僅是GSA針對3D IC技術所出版的部分資源,希望能藉由這些富有教育意義的資源以促進產業交流,並有助於提昇市場對這項新興技術的應用及商業化程度,同時亦能提高產業發展的效率。自2008年春季以來,GSA透過各種形式匯集了供應鏈各環節重要決策者的見解,探討及推廣3D IC這項新技術。而在今年,GSA舉辦了三場以3D IC技術為主題的活動、主持多場座談會,每季尚召開3D IC 工作小組會議來探討各種關於3D IC的技術及商業挑戰;小組更共同執筆多篇文章,如刊登在Chip Design Magazine中的「EDA Tools for 3D IC Design: Simple Migration of 2D Tools or New Paradigm?」。
4 R1 o* z7 O( o9 F- O. t5 S% i9 T/ ~6 v+ ^$ j* ?0 H
GSA將藉由3D IC工作小組持續出版更多產業報告與指南、舉辦各種交流活動,並整合供應鏈廠商對市場的前瞻性、未來計畫與實際行動的看法。如想參與GSA 3D IC工作小組,請聯繫Wade Giles。 2 H! L. A. l. s" Z

1 t$ c5 ~! }% T2 B這份報告及指南將免費提供給GSA會員使用,並可於GSA網站 http://www.gsaglobal.org/publications/3dic/index.asp 直接下載;非會員如想取得報告請透過GSA Store購買。
6#
發表於 2012-6-25 14:13:54 | 只看該作者
GSA Announces 3D IC Working Group Chair
3 a1 F+ C) P, V5 O" WCadence Executive Ken Potts to lead GSA 3D IC Working Group % m6 i2 p2 T+ j1 M( T

3 Z; v& {+ T! S0 W5 I4 G$ m# V9 T* W& iSAN JOSE, Calif. (June XX21, 2012) – The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA), the voice of the global semiconductor industry, today announced the appointment of Ken Potts, group director of marketing, Strategic Planning, Cadence Design Systems, as the 3D IC Working Group Chairman.  Cadence, a leading global electronic design automation (EDA) company, is a GSA member company.
& E% p& O+ c3 g( f6 g& }4 q  D! r
Potts assumed the role of the 3D IC working group chair after their April 26 meeting where the group planned its strategic directions for 2012 and beyond. More than 50 members attended.  This group, in existence for more than three years, has provided the GSA membership and the semiconductor industry an evangelic approach to increased awareness of 3D IC benefits.  In the days ahead, the working group will focus less on the educational aspects of this technology and more on its implementation. ) _6 Y- k( b+ N+ Y! D6 ^
3 o6 ^* L4 ^2 l3 q
The 3D IC Working Group allows companies spanning the 3D IC ecosystem to meet in a non-competitive forum to tackle and resolve issues that hinder the adoption and commercialization of 3D IC technology and products.  The working group will focus on 3D IC business model development, test related activities, and design and manufacturing challenges to full-scale implementation of 3D IC technology. The group will also continue to be an educational facilitator and knowledge repository.
7#
發表於 2012-6-25 14:14:06 | 只看該作者
“I’m honored to lead a group that has been instrumental in educating the industry on this critical technology,” said Potts on taking the reigns of the organization. “I look forward to managing the process of creating a shared member vision that will help enable and drive the next phase of 3D IC adoption.” : Z% ]% d) a0 |! A, _7 V! m
2 s# m) ]5 U3 W8 z; C7 l: M: G
Wade Giles, GSA VP of Operations, stated, “After a thorough search, GSA is fortunate to have a volunteer of Mr. Potts’ caliber lead this effort.  GSA has played a leading role in bringing 3D IC to the forefront of industry development.  With Ken’s leadership, GSA will continue to play a critical role in the successful commercialization of this technology.” 7 [( O& r# n1 O$ |7 p  q/ I( P
3 n: D% K) Q( C9 T  I! P8 t/ i
Potts’ background is a unique blend of practical electronic and mechanical engineering experience, including marketing, sales, executive management, and entrepreneurship. After receiving a BSEE in Electrical Engineering from Montana State University, his engineering career has been spent in advanced development groups for the US Navy as well as two Fortune 500 companies. He has also been a consistent innovation contributor on solid state lasers, neural networks, 3D IC technology, high performance chipsets, and graphics processors and is a co-inventor on five U.S. patents. Since moving into the EDA and IP industry, he has held several Product and Services Marketing as well as Sales executive positions at Cadence and Virage Logic.   
9 |) O' K/ v* K( |# M" q) D, A- G8 J6 w
In his current position at Cadence, Potts is responsible for leading the company’s strategic planning process.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 09:13 PM , Processed in 0.110006 second(s), 17 queries .