Login

用FB帳號登入

搜索
1 2 3 4
查看: 3023|回復: 0

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes:
9 B* e* x+ l1 L8 c1 tIC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).0 n* n( T0 N+ n) Z
On the circuit-level, % A8 d! S4 Y) w5 p
a compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics / I- }" w: |: k. s1 C1 [
resulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.2 x/ f, v4 E. l! x6 N2 U4 L. d/ l
The external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges, ! D9 P  s* s0 T2 D" T, [8 W
are featured as the input and output ports values.1 ^, |9 T1 \$ T5 w0 a- y  `1 R
The unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.9 F+ r0 Q' F5 [8 B% R4 e
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are
$ ^- N$ \2 i: i, X) X- r2 p% usubmit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations.
: c* z1 M3 {$ V+ RThe nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain # d3 H* h  h/ B4 a
approximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.9 R6 H: d& m2 S* S1 c3 n  x
IC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.0 G6 I. z6 {+ P9 q+ R
In other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.
7 s. J$ u# Q! n+ o. n: a) Q& a/ OA virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).
" S' K' K6 s0 z  A0 bFor instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol.
9 ?* w# U3 z8 ~In Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.
9 g7 Q2 L4 O5 t; B3 Z' `; G3 iThose designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library".
& G" e/ ]+ U8 C) g6 U; }( w2 JIC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.
' d/ X  q- @1 f8 m1 m1 Y6 ZEach symbol represents an electronic device (component).
: g8 R+ F) C; T2 f8 U8 ~, |! B+ A0 E
, y( {: R! ^4 S# T+ j1 s  X; I; u9 ?# D$ A/ E, [0 F" V5 Q" F
1 x/ B# ^- @1 E  x) i4 u# C) x8 p
Little knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns. 6 L& {% {& Y% {7 ]  s1 `' s
On the fabrication-level, $ ~! B5 E) \3 E- M$ C$ A
a compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with " w4 j! f6 |) i. P) V. y
technology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
* m9 S) e. f# J* \" v7 c6 Uof a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles.
8 ?; B- x, g) X; EThe true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization.
  L# {$ \( s' r! I1 C5 m- _Accordingly, 4 }6 \8 p! g- U' R/ _9 |
the verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.! n2 b$ i) ~5 @7 C# C
Thus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis
) d& w& p! A# Eis the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers.
! z1 U# I. V! A* s* c; ^( X0 N
& U, k2 d. e- W  o9 c% g# o0 k$ ^+ B: X
) _9 \/ q$ K. N6 D! J, h  O

5 b$ g* d1 q% }7 C- o3 }: C$ U2 s

3 h: |: Y$ z2 H0 u  c+ X& f4 N+ y- R
! E$ V: X+ a% {' v

+ P7 k; W- V7 E7 _, A" G% ?2 T
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:46 PM , Processed in 0.115007 second(s), 18 queries .