1 2 3 4
查看: 3038|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes:
( j8 Q# a% @$ B( [$ SIC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).! Y+ w$ |# w1 k8 s
On the circuit-level,
7 ]! {, J4 }# p- s) g6 sa compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics ( x1 G. M3 Z' m+ H* D
resulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.
% g+ u6 o4 \# N6 U: L/ v& QThe external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges, 8 M' W& }% }4 k3 B5 T! I$ }; @
are featured as the input and output ports values.
; @2 k6 }9 G/ q/ `  ?; w' i' f' eThe unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.: s* d' u+ y) B+ U+ ]& C/ V% R2 |
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are
, K, @. v% Y- g0 D& v; Hsubmit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. - {! q1 {$ C! r% E
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain
  `7 q0 |6 \9 a8 sapproximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.
9 W  _. x; L  _& O$ w) r: \+ ]" nIC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.  M$ c/ a9 J1 ^" f
In other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.; |7 e* |+ ^! U, r$ V, }: K# ~
A virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).
* b0 Z  I  |  E% ^: y4 V/ ~5 _For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol.
' ^, h+ P& N* K- L, P  t" H3 Z( oIn Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.  }" h8 M9 U' D1 h  ~* P1 ^5 }
Those designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library". ) C2 \; O+ m5 B8 s& Y
IC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.- S4 }7 O+ `9 I
Each symbol represents an electronic device (component).
* b3 r3 `/ k; }( v9 f
( I/ m/ X: k, R. D3 _6 D8 I6 N/ |6 _
# U- N9 m$ s! Q% h# ]+ {( B
Little knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns. ( h  a4 F1 P# N! x, S. B8 x
On the fabrication-level,
8 W# F2 ^/ u/ R7 V8 Na compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with 0 q0 g; \$ M$ ^& }3 j: y$ Z
technology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
* K% f! {. [& ~' Zof a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles.0 }3 K7 t+ O$ q
The true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization. 1 ?3 R9 Y7 z2 a5 Z
Accordingly,
$ f+ L6 k; a! xthe verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators." v5 s* L5 ]- W5 i) g
Thus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis + H8 K# h% Z! z( c  Z
is the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers.
# ]3 M0 i& w: Q" i
  q: v3 l) U. _8 o" o6 j1 v
# `6 B% b8 q$ P' V) R; U
, g3 p  _- \( ?# A, c6 I. E: S# K! p) V

+ L& X2 U) B/ y% p; B: |0 I& G' L1 C; B$ F( K% P
1 a& e6 i( [3 U& L& h
; o  ^# Y! U- \& @' P+ ~. b1 V3 R% M

* Z( w; T$ f6 x9 Z" ~- x
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 03:09 AM , Processed in 0.105006 second(s), 17 queries .