1 2 3 4
查看: 3051|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 顯示全部樓層 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes: 4 V6 m5 A* V) A& U
IC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).
: l8 X# n) E% g. zOn the circuit-level,
( G% A% e+ I: k- a! w" {a compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics
# e) w' K. g" }* v. `8 D2 ?8 xresulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.1 y* x: d4 }( O$ C" K& S" Z- T
The external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges, # v/ ]% z6 B$ H! P
are featured as the input and output ports values.
/ B$ |$ Y- a* @* eThe unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis./ a) D/ t; V0 i% }
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are 3 z( i6 `# b3 V; i
submit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. * w# f- m0 g' |8 ?2 i6 G
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain
& M4 P7 @8 ~3 c$ b" C  C5 X5 Happroximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.: L' Y8 G2 d7 X" ~" y. n3 f
IC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.
* n6 \& X; U5 k7 |In other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.4 y; R& h! Y) u$ |
A virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).
5 W- s3 n) Y3 c* Z, |For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol.
3 g, r' r/ ?+ ?2 U& s' \3 e$ IIn Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.) G8 ]5 u2 x+ J
Those designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library". 8 R% L5 N+ S& H4 F3 z& d2 W& o* u
IC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.
6 G& y. c& J5 Z* j( G  O( B. j/ B$ ]Each symbol represents an electronic device (component).
/ e( X$ q8 \( q  [1 n9 C4 p, [
! H* X* V( J% C2 Y* B' L1 |) N: j
+ a# d4 F+ y5 I- t/ F1 y
8 M9 }% L% p2 @9 A& _Little knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns.   J2 S6 }- |  u. _9 Y  U
On the fabrication-level, $ D# }+ A* w# d4 @
a compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with 5 [+ V% p: ]2 I2 F
technology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
) {# ~) l0 c) F  x, s/ M- vof a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles.
0 L# E0 V$ O- sThe true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization.
5 I. \& q, W$ x7 q* E2 RAccordingly, 0 L. }' n- P, A
the verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.) H) A, P0 v! K& b9 x
Thus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis 9 e# r: n# x* T. h+ a
is the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers.
6 C# ]; L9 g) k+ M. \/ w- u' K# b  T( t( J1 ~( H

" Z6 [" o; F8 e1 g! w2 t) p& G. Q1 T: T% {! G! h
! q9 m, w( Q' O) w- g$ Q8 C

2 A. r  X1 R& t) f& R  o) }
- P# G1 c' V$ i# D1 n' f' T' f  _( H) N: k
& x2 E9 Q5 e8 _# V' J. r
. `) n9 w3 c* P2 O% W3 q" S6 d
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 10:58 AM , Processed in 0.100006 second(s), 17 queries .