查看: 2081|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

FLICKER NOISE IN CMOS LC OSCILLATORS国外硕士论文

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2009-10-10 21:11:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A Thesis Presented to The Academic Faculty
* B% W+ L/ |) e1 O0 v) C0 ]) F6 GBy Dale Scott Douglas In Partial Fulfillment Of the Requirements for the Degree
) d5 a% t/ ^  l7 bMaster of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
! h( b( ?9 G; h# P3 MGeorgia Institute of Technology
% Q0 }8 w2 p: L+ m$ yDecember, 2008: A# _% C5 K8 R' U% b+ W$ T& H

& S# q% ^2 E9 `. ^9 l4 ^- K- V5 i7 |# h( |" z* g' f
SUMMARY
" }" I3 H/ ]6 YSources of flicker noise generation in the cross-coupled negative resistance oscillator
7 ^  T, i, K; x(NMOS, PMOS, and CMOS) are explored. Also, prior and current work in the area of: N, M8 M( |+ B' ~. T
phase noise modeling is reviewed, including the work of Leeson, Hajimiri, Hegazi, and
9 P1 ^1 R' s5 {+ iothers, seeking the mechanisms by which flicker noise is upconverted.+ O% g$ `% i& s& S; p) z
A Figure of Merit (FOM) methodology suitable to the 1/f3 phase noise region is also5 d! v# t& _9 Q6 e4 n
developed, which allows a new quantity, FOM1, to be defined. FOM1 is proportional to5 F4 ~( S$ D& `0 D! u+ j0 u) A. q. i
flicker noise upconverted, thus allowing the effectiveness of flicker noise upconversion
  V( C5 e* S! r2 a# {$ Vsuppression techniques to be evaluated, despite possibly changing bias points or tank Q,; q. J+ A4 M9 U6 {5 a
which would change phase noise and FOM in the 1/f2 region.$ Y- `, |/ w6 r* X
The work of Hajimiri is extended with a simple ΛDC estimator for the special case of6 O; z5 x0 M# G3 u/ ]
LC CMOS oscillators. A method of adaptive control of an oscillator core is presented, as5 e: R" C9 k' u/ d! h8 X7 X
well, comprised of a CMOS oscillator with a digitally adjustable N and P width, and a
( Z8 h+ n4 T& V1 |: Bcircuit (which is essentially a tracking ADC) which repeatedly adjusts the relative N to P0 l0 H8 M+ c0 @. R- d
width dependent on the ΛDC estimate to maintain the condition of minimum flicker noise
1 P" {( y9 G, d$ Kupconversion. A fixed calibration constant is sufficient to allow convergence to within
# J. j* V- Z+ C" e+ q8 J0.7dB of optimal FOM1 for all cases of N width, for a varactorless oscillator test cell.
8 T, b; K" W) D4 ^7 yFinally, a circuit is proposed which would allow the flicker noise reduction technique& X8 C# k6 ^8 f# k
of cycling to accumulation to be applied to continuous time oscillators, but is not: @8 a  m( l7 M  P
rigorously vetted.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 12:06 PM , Processed in 0.102005 second(s), 17 queries .